Similar to
the chicken and the egg syndrome, I am suffering from the fun of pre-new mommy
syndrome. I am such a planner. Dieter and I live by our Google calendar and I just cannot plan when he is coming. I keep on thinking, "Is B3 coming before or after Christmas? How can I get it all done? What comes first ... the chicken (in this case B3) or the egg (in this case Christmas.)
I will be 39
weeks pregnant on Tuesday. I am so thankful that I made it to this point. In
all honesty I have been a little jittery and nervous about this whole pregnancy thing.
Being 38 now, I had this complex about “being over 35.” Honestly though, I don’t
think that other than the responsibilities that come along with being a little
more established in your career – that I would have experienced a different pregnancy
when I was 28. Of course, I needed to meet Prince Charming (otherwise known as
Dieter first) so that would have not worked anyway.
I am working
until next Friday, Dec. 14th. I really would like to make it to my
last scheduled day just because I will feel a lot better about wrapping things
up. We hired a great contractor to do part of my job and then we have a new
team member doing another part of my job who is super sharp. I know that they
will both be rock stars – but I just want to make sure that I give them a proper
“hand-off” so that I can focus on my little guy and know all is well at the
office. The hard part is that I am getting huge and I just am not comfortable anymore. :(
![]() |
| A Work-in-Progress - Will Post Better Photos When We are Ready! |
B3’s room is
painted, we have a glider that is about to get new cushions, and the crib is
assembled. Dieter also put together the changing table this week. I need to do
all of his little laundry and get a few more items for his room. And now I get
to do the fun part of decorating it – so I feel like we are a whole lot closer.
I just wish he would wait until his due date to come make an appearance. I want
to be 100% ready for him. We have a whole lifetime to be together and I want our life together to be as perfect as I can possibly make it!
I have so
much more … but it is getting late and I wanted to just post a quick update and
let everyone know that there are no signs of baby yet. I sure wonder what he is
up to! Hugs to everyone and have a great rest of your weekend.
~xoxo -
Jen

The room looks so pretty.
ReplyDeleteYou & Dieter ALREADY have EVERYTHING that baby needs for a perfect life: huge hearts full of love for him & each other.
The rest is small beans compared to that.
Why did I get so lucky to get an awesome husband and sister-in-law in one whole package. Love you lots!!! I cannot wait for Sigrid and B3 to do their first Christmas photo shoot together. :)
DeleteI want to see pictures of your huge pregnant belly! :) Are you guys doing a pregnancy photoshoot? Michelle did one with Jason that turned out great. Just something to add to all that free time I know you don't have! Ha!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure you'll be fine and will get everything done that you need to before B3 comes -- even if he's early. All you can do is plan. And honestly, he's not going to care if the room isn't fully decorated; babies are happy just sleeping in a dresser drawer. He won't notice the difference.
More photos and more posts! Make Diets write one! :D