Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Arrival of Baby Bardy! (Just in Time for Christmas!)

Hello Everyone, 

After waiting for 6 days past his due date, Baby Maximilian Arthur Bardy (formerly known as B3) was born at 9:43pm on Sunday, Dec. 23rd, 2012. At birth, he weighed 7 pounds, 4 ounces and is 20.5 inches long. He is now a week old tonight. Per the visit to our new pediatrician, he is only 4 percent below his birth weight at our doctor's appointment yesterday morning (Dec. 29th) so we are on a good track!

Dad and baby are wonderful (Max is getting A+ grades from the pediatrician!) I am still in recovery mode from my surgery.The "Cliff's Notes" version of what happened is that I went into labor with Maximilian late Friday night/Saturday morning (at around 3am) but then I didn't deliver him until Sunday night via cesarean section. After 40 hours of labor my OB doctor was worried he would not be able to sustain me laboring with him for another evening. So ... at 8pm we made a "game time" decision to go into surgery per the advice of my OB since my temperature was starting to increase and it had been a lot of time since my water broke.

The moment that I heard Max cry was a life changing moment - and I cannot describe the amazing feeling of knowing after 9.5+ months that I would finally be able to meet our little guy in person.

Max was the most amazing Christmas present ever. He has been a blessing and joy in this special time of year and we could not be more thankful. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you! 

Warmest,
Jennifer, Dieter and Maximilian “B3” Bardy

2 comments:

  1. 40 hours of labor doesn't sound fun, but I'm happy to hear you're both safe and sound!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The invention of an epidural was quite genius in my opinion --otherwise I think that I would not have made it!

    ReplyDelete