Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The B3 Overtime Show! (40 weeks + 1 day ... )



Hello Everyone!!! 

As I write this you may be deducing that I am still pregnant. And if you came to that conclusion you are correct – I am still VERY pregnant! 

B3 is comfy in his current cocoon right now. And based on our appointment on Monday he’s not showing signs of his escape plan yet – but this can change at any time so Dieter and I are on standby. Maybe B3 is scared of the pending snow that we are about to get and wants to wait until it passes this weekend. :)

I am actually okay with having a breather for a couple days. I feel like working 50+ hours a week did not give me any time to get the mental space in my head that we are about to become responsible for another human being. And the bigger responsibility that I am trying to wrap my arms around is the world that he is about to enter. Last Friday just ripped my heart out and for those of you who are on Facebook with me – thank you for entertaining my little novella. I just cannot imagine after spending over 9 months (and the time that we wished for him to be in our lives) that he could potentially be taken right out from under us in such a tragic way. All of those children were so beautiful and while I believe that they are in heaven right now – it is still so gut-wrenching that something so evil could happen at an elementary school. And how devastating that this whole event would be for those parents. I mean its horrific enough that it happened – but who would ever dream sending their son or daughter off to school right before Christmas break would result in losing your child forever?

I digress, so now back to the happy stuff! I have been getting his little laundry done, and Dieter and I played with the Elfa system that was in the closet from the previous owners of our townhouse. I just cannot get over how cute his little wardrobe is. Thank you to all of my lovely family and friends for all of your sweet generosity. We really are blessed with some incredibly sweet, amazing people in our lives. I am finally able to take a breather and knock through myriad thank you cards to all of you for all of your gifts! I hope that all of you forgive me that I am going to replace thank you cards and B3 announcement cards for our Christmas cards this year.  I love all of the photo cards that we are getting from all of you – all of the kiddos in our lives are getting so big and more beautiful. (Megan and Lexy are prime examples!!!)  

I actually have discovered over the past two days how nice it is to grocery shop and get around on a weekday in the middle of the afternoon. It’s a whole different world out there isn’t it? :) 

I am going to go play domestic housewife and make Dieter a homemade meal on a WEEKNIGHT right now so that is it for now. I know that will be a whole new story when our little man gets here. (How do all of my veteran mommy friends do it!!!??? You are my heroes!)

Toodles for now, and lots of love to all of you! 

~xoxo – Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment